none
?? Call of interface method [IResourceManager::Enlist] is failed ?? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a C# application that is using the Interbase as a server.  Currently it is using a .Net native provider (the provider for Firebird which happens to be an open source version of Interbase).  I am working on trying to evaluate another provider, IBProvider, which is an OLE.DB provider. 

When I run the application, it starts up find, loads a document fine, but when it comes to save it fails when trying to open the provider with this message:

Call of interface method [IResourceManager::Enlist] is failed

What is strange is that it fails on towards the end of the saving process. 

Some background on the code:

The program has a low level class called DBHelper which wraps all the ADO.Net calls.  To simplify development, the system relies on the .Net connection pooling.  In other words,  in most calls to DBHelper, the DBHelper creates a new DbConnection from the DbProviderFactory, sets the connection string, and calls Open.  Because of an issue in the specific DB we are using, ALL connections are wrapped in some type of TransactionScope.  At the beginning of complex saves, the application does creates a TransactionScope so all the different calls to DBHelper are in the same transaction. 

The DBHelper only creates a TransactionScope if there isn't already a TransactionScope.  The logic used to determine this is:

private static bool IsNotInTransaction()
    {
     return Transaction.Current == null || Transaction.Current.TransactionInformation.Status != TransactionStatus.Active;
    }

The developer of the provider is a C++ programmer, not a C#, so I thought I might ask here if anyone had any thoughts on what the issue might be.

Sam

Friday, March 4, 2011 4:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi EHCarleton,

Thanks for you post.

According to your description, I think you should repost your question here: http://www.ibprovider.com/forum/site/index.php

we are not familiar with this provider, but I think your code is OK, thanks for understanding.

http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 7, 2011 1:26 AM
  • I have emailed the IBProvider support.  They seem to be a small (one or two person) shop and don't have any expertise in C#.  They asked for an example but I am unable to produce one.  I posted here hoping that someone with knowledge of both development of a ADO.Net provider might have some thoughts.  I take it that this is a very specific message to the IBProvider, correct?
    Monday, March 7, 2011 1:31 AM
  • Hi EHCarleton,

I know it maybe a urgent question to you, but we couldn't make sure we can solve it, as we don't have the database and experience about this provider, I think I can give some suggestions to you if you can give us a demo from IBProvider or some more error information from your code. And others community members also can help you.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 7, 2011 1:53 AM
  • Hi EHCarleton,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Would you mind letting us know the states of your problem. 
    If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.   I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]

Monday, March 21, 2011 1:35 AM
  • This has gone unresolved, so I have opted NOT to use this particular provider for the project.  Thank you.
    Monday, March 21, 2011 1:59 PM
  • Hi EHCarleton,

I will close this post, thanks for understanding, If you have other questions, you can open a new thread.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]

Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:10 AM
  • Allow me to append the answer for original question.

I think, this problem is solved in our "ADO.NET provider for OLE DB" - https://www.nuget.org/packages/lcpi.data.oledb

Regards,

Dmitry Kovalenko.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:56 PM