none
SharePoint apps workflow completed event RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am not able to find an option to asscoiate Workflow completed Remote event with workflow build using Visual studio for SharePoint 2013 apss.

Is it not possible to associate workflow completed removte event with workflow in SharePoint 2013 apps.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sudhir

Sudhir rawat

Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:10 PM

Answers

• No, unfortunately we do not have Workflow Events for 2013 workflows since they run in Azure. 2010 Workflow Events are not part of the Remote Event Receiver infrastructure.
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Sudhir, could you clarify your question?

As I'm reading the question: You would like to create a new Workflow Association. That association is designed to be activated based on the Workflow Completed event from an existing workflow.

Is that correct? I'm not sure how the "Remote" nature of the event is related to this--do you want a Remote event receiver to run and trigger a workflow?

It's also no clear what kind of Workflow you're using. SharePoint 2013 workflows do not trigger the full set of events used by SharePoint 2010 workflows, like Workflow Completed.

Thanks.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:42 PM
  • I want to build an App in which on the creation of list item workflow get started (that i can do as per settings) and once workflow is completed, the workflow completed remote event fired to do some other operations.

List item creation --> Workflow get started (can do with configuration ) -> worflow completed event (how can we do this, does workflow_complted remote event exist.)

Is that clear now?

Sudhir rawat

Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:14 PM
  • Simplifying it further:

can we create workflow completed remote event receiver with workflow created via Visual studio for Apps?

Sudhir rawat

Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:57 PM
  • No, unfortunately we do not have Workflow Events for 2013 workflows since they run in Azure. 2010 Workflow Events are not part of the Remote Event Receiver infrastructure.
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:01 PM
  • Thanks, so what is the alternative/workaround of remote workflow completed events in Apps?

Sudhir rawat

Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:09 PM