Consume an AIF-Service to import Employees, Problem with ValidFrom and ValidTo RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have to import Emplyeedata vom external systems to AX.

I importet the schema if service and it looks ok.

Currently I got stuck because of the Fields "ValidFrom" and "ValidTo" of "/documents/HcmWorkerImport:ValidAsOfDateTime"

The field is filled in a map, but the import fails with "" is not a valid datetime-value.

I don't know how to figure out the problem. Bugfixing is terrible anyway. Import with biztalk fails, you have to look in AX what the problem is. Modify map, shut down hostinstance, add new assemblies, restart hostinstance, next test. Getting from one bug to another since 3 days. It's not very clever.

Is there a way to find out how all fields have to be filled correctly?

I didn't find a sample for that kind of import BizTalk->Map->AIF-Service.

Any help or hint would be great,

Daniel

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:23 PM

Answers

• First, your test process should not be so complicated.  You should be Deploying directly from Visual Studio, meaning Import should not be part of you dev/test process.  Let us help you with that since it will make your further dev tasks much easier.

As for original error, for some reason, you map is not emitting a valid date.  You can also test that directly in Visual Studio.

• Marked as answer by Daniel V_de Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:47 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 3:49 PM
  • I would recommend test your map using VS first. 

Ram

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 6:02 PM

All replies

• First, your test process should not be so complicated.  You should be Deploying directly from Visual Studio, meaning Import should not be part of you dev/test process.  Let us help you with that since it will make your further dev tasks much easier.

As for original error, for some reason, you map is not emitting a valid date.  You can also test that directly in Visual Studio.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 3:49 PM
  • I would recommend test your map using VS first. 

Ram

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 6:02 PM
  • I'll do so. Thanks.
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:47 AM