Cannot login to Microsoft Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was using Microsoft Azure in the Netherlands for my school project, and due to COVID-19 outbreak, I had to go back to my home country. So when I tried to login to Microsoft Azure portal, it asks for a verification code sent to my Dutch phone number, but since I came back to my home country, I don't have access to my Dutch phone number, thus I can't get the verification code. So can you help me to login to the Microsoft Azure portal?

Kind regards,

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 12:12 PM

All replies

• Greetings,

It is a mandatory requirement to go through the verification process. In your case, you can reach out to your school admin to change the verification to your home country if possible and help you unblock to login to Azure portal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 12:33 PM
  • Try the steps listed here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/multi-factor-authentication-end-user-manage-settings#using-the-additional-security-verification-page
    You can either get your mobile number updated, or I would suggest to get the verification method changed to Microsoft authenticator app. Using the authenticator app will remove the dependency on your phone number.

If you don't have access, you have to reach out to your school administrator. 

- Vaibhav Gujral

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 12:45 PM