MultiHandleSlider: cant get even a simple working example to run RRS feed

• Question

• User379887107 posted

Hello,

Im using vs2012, all latest updates. Using the latest ajax control tookit 15.1.1.100

I am unable to get even a simple instance of this MultiHandleSlider to work and im tearing my hair out in frustration.

From this http://ajaxtoolkit.net/MultiHandleSlider/MultiHandleSlider.aspx I can see the control should work and its perfect for what I want.

I have created a simple new webforms basic solution, targeting .net 4.5.

Ive copy pasted basic samples from the web for this control. There are no errors when I run it. But the control only ever shows 1 single drag handle, even if I remove all MultiHandleSliderTarget it still shows 1 drag handle that drags ok.

If I try to access the list of MultiHandleSliderTarget in the code behind it shows the collection to be null.

foreach (MultiHandleSliderTarget target in MultiHandleSliderExtender1.MultiHandleSliderTargets)
                target.ControlID = MultiHandleSliderExtender1.Parent.FindControl(target.ControlID).ClientID;

If I try to add them programmatically in code behind I get an error

Type 'AjaxControlToolkit.MultiHandleSliderTarget' in Assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=15.1.1.100, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' is not marked as serializable

So im pretty much at my wits end on this, does this control even work in any way ?

Im desperate I need some help please.

None of the target controls are in an containers its just a simple webform where im trying to get this multihandle control running.

<cc1:MultiHandleSliderExtender ID="MultiHandleSliderExtender1"
                                        runat="server" ShowHandleDragStyle="false"
                                        BehaviorID="MultiHandleSliderExtender1" TargetControlID="txtSlider"
                                        Length="500" ShowInnerRail="false"
                                        EnableMouseWheel="true" Increment="1"
                                        RaiseChangeOnlyOnMouseUp="true" EnableRailClick="true"
                                        OnClientDragEnd="" OnClientDrag=""
                                        ShowHandleHoverStyle="true"
                                        Maximum="222" Minimum="1" BoundControlID ="txtSlider">
                                        <cc1:MultiHandleSliderTargets>
                                            <cc1:MultiHandleSliderTarget ControlID="lblStartRange" runat="server" />
                                            <cc1:MultiHandleSliderTarget ControlID="lblEndRange" runat="server" />

</cc1:MultiHandleSliderTargets>
                                    </cc1:MultiHandleSliderExtender>

Thursday, April 9, 2015 11:58 PM

Answers

• User61956409 posted

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please try the following sample.

<div>
        <table>
            <tr valign="middle">
                <td>
                    <asp:TextBox ID="multiHandle2_1_BoundControl" runat="server" Width="30" Text="25" />
                </td>
                <td valign="top">
                    <asp:TextBox ID="sliderTwo" runat="server" Style="display: none;" />
                    <cc1:MultiHandleSliderExtender ID="multiHandleSliderExtenderTwo" runat="server"
                        BehaviorID="multiHandleSliderExtenderTwo"
                        TargetControlID="sliderTwo"
                        Minimum="0"
                        Maximum="100"
                        Length="175"
                        TooltipText="{0}"
                        Orientation="Vertical"
                        EnableHandleAnimation="true"
                        EnableKeyboard="false"
                        EnableMouseWheel="false"
                        ShowHandleDragStyle="true"
                        ShowHandleHoverStyle="true">
                        <MultiHandleSliderTargets>
                            <cc1:MultiHandleSliderTarget ControlID="multiHandle2_1_BoundControl" />
                            <cc1:MultiHandleSliderTarget ControlID="multiHandle2_2_BoundControl" />
                        </MultiHandleSliderTargets>

</td>
                <td style="padding-left: 21px">
                    <asp:TextBox ID="multiHandle2_2_BoundControl" runat="server" Width="30" Text="75" />
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>
    </div> 

Best Regards,

Fei Han

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 12, 2015 10:09 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please try the following sample.

<div>
        <table>
            <tr valign="middle">
                <td>
                    <asp:TextBox ID="multiHandle2_1_BoundControl" runat="server" Width="30" Text="25" />
                </td>
                <td valign="top">
                    <asp:TextBox ID="sliderTwo" runat="server" Style="display: none;" />
                    <cc1:MultiHandleSliderExtender ID="multiHandleSliderExtenderTwo" runat="server"
                        BehaviorID="multiHandleSliderExtenderTwo"
                        TargetControlID="sliderTwo"
                        Minimum="0"
                        Maximum="100"
                        Length="175"
                        TooltipText="{0}"
                        Orientation="Vertical"
                        EnableHandleAnimation="true"
                        EnableKeyboard="false"
                        EnableMouseWheel="false"
                        ShowHandleDragStyle="true"
                        ShowHandleHoverStyle="true">
                        <MultiHandleSliderTargets>
                            <cc1:MultiHandleSliderTarget ControlID="multiHandle2_1_BoundControl" />
                            <cc1:MultiHandleSliderTarget ControlID="multiHandle2_2_BoundControl" />
                        </MultiHandleSliderTargets>

</td>
                <td style="padding-left: 21px">
                    <asp:TextBox ID="multiHandle2_2_BoundControl" runat="server" Width="30" Text="75" />
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>
    </div> 

Best Regards,

Fei Han

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 12, 2015 10:09 PM
  • User379887107 posted

Ok thanks for that.

I see my issue was having the tag prefix on this tax<cc1:MultiHandleSliderTargets>. Once i compared to this code, and removed the cc1: prefix it worked.

I added the cc1: prefix to correct the pseudo error that shows in the designer. I didn't realize it could screw the handle entry up.

I have success full added 4 handles now which is great. Can you tell me please is it possible to have 4 handles and two "inner" ranges with different inner colors ?

So i would have handle 1 and handle 2 and the color between them is red, inner rail colour

then "space" that is the outer rail color

then handle 3 and handle 4 and the color between them is also red inner rail color.

I want the user to be able to select two inner rail ranges on one slider. Is that possible ?

thanks

Monday, April 13, 2015 4:58 AM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi,

I have success full added 4 handles now which is great. Can you tell me please is it possible to have 4 handles and two "inner" ranges with different inner colors ?

I recommend to discussed one issue in one thread, so please post a new thread to explain your new problem.

Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Monday, April 20, 2015 3:16 AM