none
Web Part title bar url not working is showing up differently in Firefox , Chrome and IE it is working and looks correct RRS feed

• Question

• I have a end user who likes having the web part title and the bar used as a Link. but in firefox the Alt wording that you see  doesn't work as a link at all, and it is the roll over alt wording for IE. 

Firefox image:

But with Chrome and IE  it works.  the dashboards  is the link and it takes you to the next page.

Chrome:

IE:

why is firefox not working I thought that 2013 it was cross browser compliant and that it would work in all three browsers.

• Edited by cowboy2066 Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:39 PM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you mean that the “Dashboards” was not displayed as a link in Firefox only?

If yes, please use F12 tool in Firefox to see if there is any error and the HTML code for the “Dashboards”.  And you can also compare the difference between other browsers.

Please also install the latest updates for Firefox and then check what happens.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 21, 2017 10:55 AM
  • Hi cowboy,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Victoria

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:43 AM
  • the issue, the word Dashboard in the title of the web part is a link to another page.

Firefox, isn't showing it as a link, it shows it with the Alt description for the link that IE will show if you hover over it.

IE and Chrome, the link works from the web part title.

just trying to figure out why Firefox isn't working like it should.

• Edited by cowboy2066 Tuesday, May 2, 2017 3:37 PM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 3:34 PM
  • Hi,

I suppose it may be an compatibility issue in Firefox.

You can use F12 to check the HTML code for the link in Firefox.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Thursday, May 4, 2017 11:05 AM