none
adding vsto solution to inclusion list is not avoiding the prompt of office customization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I developed outlook addin 2007/2010 by using vs.net 2008+vsto, well when addin runs on deployment machine, it ask for installing office customization,

After research, I found that , if we add our solution to the user inclusion list, we can avoid this prompt, so I implemented by taking help from this article

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc616991%28v=office.12%29.aspx#VSTO3Solutions2_HandlingTrustasPartoftheInstallation

well, as I checked the registry, I've entries for the inclusion list, but when I run addin after first time installation, I got this prompt.

Even I checked with the sample code which is provided with the above article, I'm getting this prompt.

so any idea why it is so now, right now, we didn't buy the code signing certificate , is this the reason as Publisher is not verified yet.

I'm using windows7 with ol2007, and I believe that we will have same problem in vista , windows2008 also...

if we don't buy the code signing certificate , no other way to avoid this prompt.

Please let me know asap.

Thanks

--Mehnaz

Mehnaz Anwar
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:28 PM

Answers

• Now , not sure whats the problem, but now it is avoiding the customization install question. Though I haven't added vstolocal.

Thanks

--Mehnaz

Mehnaz Anwar
    • Marked as answer by Mehnaz13 Monday, October 24, 2011 4:02 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 4:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Mehnaz,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I think you need set "|vstolocal" at the end of you add-in path in the "Manifest" Value. Pleae try it and let me know the result.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 17, 2011 9:09 AM
  • Now , not sure whats the problem, but now it is avoiding the customization install question. Though I haven't added vstolocal.

Thanks

--Mehnaz

Mehnaz Anwar
    • Marked as answer by Mehnaz13 Monday, October 24, 2011 4:02 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 4:01 AM