How to find file in directory and subdirectories

Question

• How can I do something like the following in a Windows Store App in order to recursively search a directory and locate a file based on part of its filename?

var matchingFiles = Directory.EnumerateFiles(sourcePath, "filename.*", SearchOption.AllDirectories)

Monday, June 16, 2014 10:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Stergiosls,

Why not try something like CreateFileQuery() | createFileQuery() method  with Windows.Storage.Search should be fine. If you are query for the file in the installation folder or app data folder you could use FindFirstFileEx() which is much more faster.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:29 AM
  • See Quickstart: Accessing files programmatically . As Jamles says, a query (I think that's the second demo in the quickstart) will probably be the best way.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:13 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Stergiosls,

Why not try something like CreateFileQuery() | createFileQuery() method  with Windows.Storage.Search should be fine. If you are query for the file in the installation folder or app data folder you could use FindFirstFileEx() which is much more faster.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:29 AM
  • See Quickstart: Accessing files programmatically . As Jamles says, a query (I think that's the second demo in the quickstart) will probably be the best way.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:13 AM
    Owner