none
naming partitions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am working on an x86 architecture processor running WinCE 6.0 R3.

I had initially a single partition and changed its default name by modifying the following registry item:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\HDProfile]

"Name"="IDE Hard Disk Drive"
        "Folder"=-
        "Folder"="newName"

Now, due to various reasons I need to create two partitions and need to give a unique name to both. Is this possible? Any pointers on this please?

Thanks,

Samie

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:58 AM

All replies

• With the current settings you have already in place you'll see the two partitions as two folders as if they are two different disks: the 1st partition will be 'newName', the 2nd will be 'newName2'
    Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:20 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to give unique names to both, e.g. the first partition called 'newName' and the second partition called 'diffName'?

Samie

Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:22 AM
  • I never did it but it may works: duplicate all the entries in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\HDProfile] to create another profile, let's say

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\HDProfile2] then change into this new profile the "Folder" value to "diffName".

In the registry entries of the first partition you will set "Profile"="HDProfile", in the registry entries of the second partition you will set "Profile"="HDProfile2".

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:48 AM
  • >>  In the registry entries of the first partition you will set "Profile"="HDProfile", in the registry entries of the second partition you will set "Profile"="HDProfile2".

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this? At the moment, there is no "Profile"="HDProfile" key in reginit.ini so I am not sure where to put this key. Or in other words, any hint on how to determine what registry settings are for my first partition, and what registry settings are for the second partition?

Thanks again for your help on this.

Samie

Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:23 AM