none
ComInterop a control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know this is a long shot but I thought I would pose the question and ask for a miracle...

I have created a user control in vulcan.net (a .net language), which I use in Ca-Visual Objects window. The problem with the control is that seems to "steal" the focus when it is clicked and never gives it back. 

For example, when I click the control (cominterop control) all the menu short cut keys no longer work, but if I close and reopen the same window with the control in it the menu short cuts work ok, until I click in the control again (give it focus).

I know this is vague, but hoping someone has had this experience before and knows how to fix it.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:44 AM

Answers

• I have never used Visual Objects, but i recently did some UI COM interop stuff and was running into problems where events weren't fired or hooked up properly. I don't know if Visual Objects has a way to add Windows Message Hooks, but you could try that to see if the windows messages actually get fired. Maybe the custom .NET control has its own message loop handeling all windows messages, effectively stealing them from the hosting application.
    • Marked as answer by eryang Monday, December 27, 2010 9:54 AM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:25 PM