Is there official wishlist for WinRT evolution? RRS feed

• General discussion

• If no I'll just leave this here:

1. It is urgent to be able to render elements in the bitmap. Not a ugly hack mistakenly called RenderTargetBitmap which simply cuts the image from the video buffer.

2. Printing with native printer resolution without magicaly DPI scalling.

3. Getting a list of available fonts

If Microsoft itself will decide what is important to users, I'm afraid that all the minimum required in WinRT will appear when everyone will forget about this API.

Friday, January 31, 2014 2:18 PM

All replies

• This is an appropriate spot. Thank you for your feedback.

It would be helpful if you'd provide more information on the scenarios you are unable to achieve without these features.

In what way is RenderTargetBitmap insufficient?

You can get a list of fonts from DirectWrite. The Font Enumeration Sample should be straightforward to convert into a Windows Runtime Component to consume from C#

Friday, January 31, 2014 2:42 PM
  • RenderTargetBitmap works only with elements that have already been rendered on the screen.

1. This excludes software rendering in cases when I want to prepare the image of the elements that are not on the screen.

2. This ties my hands with screen Resolution and dpi

I have an app that render big whitepaper posters (example poster of 10x10 A4 paper). Unfortunately RenderTargetBitmap was completely useless to me as rendering elements through it, is very low resolutions. Now I look to the DiretWrite but regretted that the effort required to understand C++ and DirectX hardly pay off.

Monday, February 3, 2014 10:26 AM
  • If you are trying to do custom drawing you can directly manipulate a WriteableBitmap's PixelBuffer. You can get high level constructs such as shapes and fonts either by interop with DirectWrite and Direct2D or by using 3rd party components which either draw the shapes or do the interop for you.

--Rob

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 3:10 AM
  • Yes i can work with X86 command directly at all. But that's not what I expect when using a high-level api.
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:42 PM
  • I completely agree with Krey. The resolution sucks no matter what I do.  One of the features our LOB app does is allow the user to save what they see on the screen into pdf files and/or print out the work. It's quite annoying that the result is always fuzzy no matter what we do to increase the resolution.
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:04 PM