Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration RRS feed

• Question

• Dear ,

I have co-existence environment where their is exchange 2003 and exchange 2010 together.

My exchange 2003 mailbox user are not able to send emails to 2010 mailbox user.

I tried to recreate routing group connector but still it dint work

From 2010 to 2003 mail flow is fine.

pls give expert answer

Monday, October 20, 2014 6:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Huzefa,
    Please check my comments in this thread
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/105ae2e4-4170-4eb2-9b5a-7202792cec99/no-mailflow-from-internet-and-intranet-to-exchange-2010?forum=exchange2010

In short please try creating a bidirectional routing group and restart the transport services and check.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997292(v=exchg.141).aspx

Thanks, MAS
    Please mark as helpful if you find my comment helpful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Edited by MAS- Monday, October 20, 2014 6:24 PM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 6:19 PM
  • i really appreciate your answer but i already tried above.

My issue is very simple

exchange 2003 to outside............works

exchange 2010 to outside ...........works

exchange 2010 to 2003 ...............works

exchange 2003 to 2010................is not working

Monday, October 20, 2014 7:38 PM
  • Did you try after restarting the both the servers? If not please try that as well
    Can you please post the result of command

Get-RoutingGroupConnector

Can you see the emails stuck in the queue in Exchange 2003?
    If not can you enable logs on default receive connector and check logs in exchnage2010?

Thanks, MAS
    Please mark as helpful if you find my comment helpful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Monday, October 20, 2014 7:49 PM
  • No i dint restarted whole servers as its production.

i see email in queue........

and below queue in see connection refused.

Monday, October 20, 2014 7:56 PM
  • The only doubt i have is i use exchange 2003 to send emails to  internet using smarthost.

in exchange 2010 and 2003 co-existence environment can i use 2003 to send email to internet?

Monday, October 20, 2014 8:12 PM
  • please any one can assist on above issue
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:42 AM
  • Can you send a test email from Exchange2003 to Exchange2010 and post the error?
    http://www.wikihow.com/Send-Email-Using-Telnet

I suggest you please restart the exchange server and try again if you created the bidirectional RG-Connector.

Thanks, MAS

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:11 AM
  • which exchange server shall i restart?
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:32 AM
  • Can you please post the result of command?

Get-RoutingGroupConnector

Restart Exchange2010.

If the problem persists after restart please remove the Routing groups connectors and create a new bidirectional Routing Group connector and check. Or delete your old Routing group connector would be enough and restart exchange transport service

Thanks, MAS

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:49 AM
  • ok give me 5 mins pls.......

thanks for your support

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:54 AM
  • i restarted its same.

Below is get-routinggroupconnector output

Name                      SourceRoutingGroup                             TargetRoutingGroup
    ----                      ------------------                             ------------------
    AGIKUWEX-AGIEXC           Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR)       First Routing Group
    AGIKUWEX-AGIEXC           First Routing Group                            Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR)

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:18 AM
  • Did you try what I mentioned in my previous posts?. If not please delete both and create a new bidirectional RGconnetor.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997292(v=exchg.141).aspx

New-RoutingGroupConnector -Name "NameOfRG" -SourceTransportServers "Ex2010.contoso.com" -TargetTransportServers "Ex2003.contoso.com" -Cost 10 -Bidirectional $true -PublicFolderReferralsEnabled $true
    FYI you are maintaining a product that has left extended support.
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/rmilne/archive/2013/10/08/save-the-date-end-of-exchange-2003-support-t-minus-6-months.aspx

Thanks, MAS

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:33 AM
  • Dear MAS,

Issue resolved after doing one strange change.

on my 2003 smtp default virtual server ,their was smart host which i removed.

then i configured a seperate connector for internet then everything is okay.

The issue is if 2003 default smtp server have smart host configured it will break communication between 2003 to 2010.

But your resolution was also commendable.So i will mark as answer ed

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:54 PM