none
Any reference for using Open XML SDK to create Treemap chart? RRS feed

• Question

• I would create Treemap chart programmatically, but I could not found any Treemap related class under the DocumentFormat.OpenXml.Drawing.Charts namespace.

I also tried to use Excel client software, created a Treemap in a xlsx file. As reviewed the chart XML file of the xlsx file, there is "plotAreaRegion" tag under the "plotArea" tag, however, I could not find any "plotAreaRegion" related classes as well.

As reviewed the PlotArea class (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/documentformat.openxml.drawing.charts.plotarea%28v=office.15%29.aspx), the "plotAreaRegion" is not in the ChildElementInfoAttribute list.

Any reference for using Open XML SDK to create Treemap chart?

I'm using Open XML SDK v2.5.

Any advice and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

• Edited by HugoChan Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:27 AM
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:25 AM

Answers

• Hi HugoChan,

I try to find the documentation, unfortunately there is no document available that describes how to create treemap chart using Open XML.

you can try to create TreeMap chart manually in Excel file.

then you can use Open XML Productivity tool to generate Open XML code from that Excel file.

then you can try to check the code to get information regarding code for chart.

you can download the tool from link below.

Open XML SDK 2.5 for Microsoft Office

you can open file and reflect code.

Regards

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by HugoChan Monday, June 5, 2017 6:11 AM
    Friday, June 2, 2017 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi HugoChan,

I try to find the documentation, unfortunately there is no document available that describes how to create treemap chart using Open XML.

you can try to create TreeMap chart manually in Excel file.

then you can use Open XML Productivity tool to generate Open XML code from that Excel file.

then you can try to check the code to get information regarding code for chart.

you can download the tool from link below.

Open XML SDK 2.5 for Microsoft Office

you can open file and reflect code.

Regards

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by HugoChan Monday, June 5, 2017 6:11 AM
    Friday, June 2, 2017 6:24 AM
  • Thanks Deepak

Your advice works.

Monday, June 5, 2017 6:15 AM