SSRS 2008 R2/Windows Server 2008 HTTP 401/500 Error RRS feed

• Question

• User620859440 posted

Hey everybody, I'm having a problem I cannot figure out and I'm hoping you all can help.

I am moving an ASP.NET app onto Windows Server 2008.  I am having problems accessing the reports on another server.  The SSRS server is on Windows Server 2008.  The service account is a domain account.  The reports sql database is on another server.  When I first started having issues it was just an http 401 error.  I would get it from my dev box (windows xp/vs 2010) and also on another server running Windows Server 2003.  I was able to get it working on my dev box and the 2003 server by changing the following code when returning credentials to the report server web service (we do not use the report viewer control either) :

Dim credDom As String = WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings("SSRS.Credential.Domain")

Dim credUser As String = WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings("SSRS.Credential.User")
                    Dim credPass As String = WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings("SSRS.Credential.Pass")
                    Dim cache As New System.Net.CredentialCache
                    cache.Add(New Uri(url), "Negotiate", New System.net.NetworkCredential(credUser, credPass, credDom))
                    return cache

Changed to:

Dim credDom As String = WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings("SSRS.Credential.Domain")
                    Dim credUser As String = WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings("SSRS.Credential.User")
                    Dim credPass As String = WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings("SSRS.Credential.Pass")
                    Dim nwCredentials As New System.Net.NetworkCredential(credUser, credPass, credDom)
                    Return nwCredentials

This does not work on the Windows 2008 server.  The report server web.config has the following configurations:

<authentication mode="Windows" />
        <identity impersonate="true" />

and the rsreportserver config file has the following:

<Authentication>
            <AuthenticationTypes>
               <RSWindowsNTLM />
            </AuthenticationTypes>
            <RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>Off</RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>
            <RSWindowsExtendedProtectionScenario>Proxy</RSWindowsExtendedProtectionScenario>
            <EnableAuthPersistence>true</EnableAuthPersistence>
        </Authentication>

The ssrs http logs show two 401 errors followed by a 500 error.  There are no errors in the report server service log.  I can access the report manager just fine and run reports directly from there. 

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:04 PM

Answers

• User620859440 posted

Disregard.... the ssrs report web service url in our web config was misspelled.  Can't believe I missed it. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:21 PM