none
Problems With ConcurrencyMode Fixed On MySql - And Problems Understanding System.Data.Entity.dll/ EntityFramework Versions RRS feed

• Question

• I have a C# .NET 4 project using the entity framework 4 to interact with a MYSQL database. Everything is working fine up until I change the ConcurrencyMode for my revision_number column on my briefing_document table from None to Fixed. Once we switched to "fixed", we started to get invalid SQL. When updating a child table (not changing anything on the briefing_document table) we would get the following SQL statement being sent to the database on some workstations: "UPDATE `briefing_document` SET  WHERE (`briefing_document_id` = 29) AND (`revision_number` = 1)". This sql is invalid and does not work. We did not expect this update to be issued in the first place since the briefing_document table hadn't been touched, and the ConcurrencyMode behavior doesn't seem to describe any behavior related to when the child tables change.

We found this article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2390624) which documents a fix to a seemingly related problem (describing unnecessary updates being applied against parent entities with ConcurrencyMode Fixed). The hotfix documents repair in System.data.entity.dll version 4.0.30319.359.

In our environment, we have version 4.0.30319.1 of System.data.entity.dll (for the general .NET framework release), and these workstations exhibit the problem. We have some other workstations on version 4.0.30319.17379 which work great (no problem.) These workstations have generally installed the Microsoft Visual Studio 11 beta, and also have the .NET Framework 4.5 beta. (We're talking about the run-time under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319.) We have some workstations that have updated to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Update 3; those seem to continue to exhibit the problem (and I believe have version 4.0.30319.225 of System.Data.Entity.dll).

I guess my general question hope is that given that there is a fix out there on the latest System.Data.Entity.dll, is there a "generally available" fix for .NET framework 4 that is "production ready" (not the 4.5 beta) that contains thix fix, and what would it be packaged in? I am somewhat confused as this fix seems to have been made way back in Q3 2010 to System.Data.Entity.dll version 4.0.30319.359, so I'm not sure why the .NET framework runtime update 3 ships with something lower than that.

Thanks for any assistance.
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 6:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael Hogue,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Based on this issue, please contact Microsoft here. There're 3 ways for you to contact Microsoft, Email, IM and Telephone. Microsoft Customer Service will help you to solve the issue. If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:34 AM