A webform with a listbox accessed on an iPhone RRS feed

• Question

• User1291657044 posted

Hi, I have a listbox with a move up and down option to prioritize and submit to a database. When the form is accessed on an iPhone, the functionality is totally gone since iPhone displays selections on the bottom of the screen. How can I make this work on iPhones without making significant code changes? The site is not a mobile site and doesn't have to be. 

Critical Items:

User should be able to move the items up and down according to need and submit to a database. 

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 9:42 PM

All replies

• User-1209166642 posted

Study and practice some css media queries.  You may need to custom tweak the app.  I don't even use bootstrap, I write my own css and media queries to make a site mobile friendly.  https://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_mediaqueries.asp

Also I use browserstack to check how a site really looks on mobile:  https://www.browserstack.com/  Not free, but I got it free for a while due to a non profit site I did a site for.

But you can also get an idea from Chrome developer tools, but not as good as browserstack.

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 10:41 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi eyobzeleke,

I have a listbox with a move up and down option to prioritize and submit to a database. When the form is accessed on an iPhone, the functionality is totally gone since iPhone displays selections on the bottom of the screen. How can I make this work on iPhones without making significant code changes?

If possible, please share the code of implementing moveup and movedown functionality and screenshots of displaying issue, so that we can understand and troubleshoot issue better.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 5:28 AM
  • User1291657044 posted

Thank you jimap_1 for the response. Great info! I will add these links to my favorites to access as needed. 

Thursday, December 6, 2018 3:30 PM
  • User1291657044 posted

Hi Fei Han, I have changed my original approach to my issue and ListBoxes aren't in equation anymore. Disregard please! Thank you for your response!

Thursday, December 6, 2018 3:32 PM
  • User625779302 posted

Hey Jimap, You can check your website across 2000+ browsers fro free with www.lambdatest.com 
    LambdaTest provide free 60 minutes of testing every month and testing minutes renewed every first of the month. 

Give it a spin and see if it of your help!!

Disclaimer: I am working with LambdaTest

Monday, December 10, 2018 11:56 AM