Changing IE9 downloads default directory RRS feed

• Question

• I have updated to IE9 and am trying to change the default download directory.  If I view the download directory after a download (and I am not convinced that the new information bar at the bottom of the screen is better than the old message boxes) and click on the options tag bottom left. "downloads" is shown as the default.  When I click the browse button the current location is shown as C:\users\colin\downloads.  I find the directory I want and click the select folder and nothing is changed and the Microsoft default is still selected.

How do I force the change I want?

regards

Colin Reid

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:06 PM

Answers

• You cannot change your web site's visitor's preference. Local access is not allowed from the internet zone by default, where your web site is most likely to be in. And the visitor may have third-party download manager that downloads files to elsewhere- even IE won't be enable to tell where the download manager choose to save files.

If you are not talking about the web site written by yourself you are in the wrong forum. For help in how to use IE, visit answers.microsoft.com.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Yanping Wang Tuesday, April 5, 2011 3:38 AM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:44 PM