none
Azure mobile services UpdateAsync gives me 404 error RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on xamarin forms and using azure mobile services. When I try to update a record the UpdateAsync does not work and gives me a 404 error.

While debugging I noticed the following line from the debugger:

<b> Requested URL: </b>/tables/Customer/10k<br><br>

10k is the ID.

When I use postman with the link above, it give me back the same 404 error. However, If I used the link /tables/Customer?id=10k it works in postman.

This is the error message from VS.

Microsoft.WindowsAzure.MobileServices.MobileServiceInvalidOperationException: <!DOCTYPE html>
            <html>
                <head>
                    <title>The resource cannot be found.</title>
                    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
                </head>

<body bgcolor="white">

<span><H1>Server Error in '/' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1>

<h2> <i>The resource cannot be found.</i> </h2></span>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif ">

<b> Description: </b>HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. &nbsp;Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
                        <br><br>

<b> Requested URL: </b>/tables/Customer/10k<br><br>

<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver>

<b>Version Information:</b>&nbsp;Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3282.0

</font>

</body>
            </html>
            <!-- 
            [HttpException]: The controller for path &#39;/tables/Customer/10k&#39; was not found or does not implement IController.
               at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.GetControllerInstance(RequestContext requestContext, Type controllerType)
               at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.CreateController(RequestContext requestContext, String controllerName)
               at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.ProcessRequestInit(HttpContextBase httpContext, IController& controller, IControllerFactory& factory)
               at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
               at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
               at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
               at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
               at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
               at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
            --><!--

Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:06 AM

All replies