Linq Filtering RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying out the Linq filtering capabilities in Robotics Developer Studio 20. The documentation is not exactly clear. Here's what I have so far:

Code Snippet

public class UpdateData : Update<int, PortSet<DefaultUpdateResponseType, Fault>>
    {
    }

public class DataUpdateFilter : DataContractFilter
    {
        public int DataId { get; set; }

public DataUpdateFilter()
        {
            Expression<Func<UpdateData, IEnumerable<UpdateData>>> exp =
             (UpdateData message) =>
                  from item in new UpdateData[] { message }
                  where (item.Body == DataId)
                  select item;

base.QueryHandler = exp.Compile();
        }
    }

When I add this to the subscription header and try to subscribe, I get the following error:

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    Parameter name: Filter type must have a single method returning a lambda expression

Okay, so I added a method that returned the expression and still no luck.

1. Am I even close to the right way to do this?
    2. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help. I hope I'm not missing something super obvious!

C. Stacy Harris

Monday, April 21, 2008 3:42 PM

Answers

• we are very restrictive in the number of methods your class can make public and available. We allow fields, and a constructor that sets up the filter, and thats it (for now).

Can you please include the subscribe code and any console/output logs from what you have tried? The example in the documentation are from working code and they work as is (try them against the console/output service for example)

thanx

g

Monday, April 28, 2008 9:29 PM

All replies

• Well, I made some progress. If I use fields instead of properties,  I no longer get the error. I'll have time later today to look at this in more detail to see if I can get the kind of filtering I want.

In the meantime, if other people have tried this feature, let me know what you've found.

Stacy
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:28 PM
  • Had a chance to try my solution. I'm still not getting filtering. I must be missing a step somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stacy

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 5:59 PM
  • we are very restrictive in the number of methods your class can make public and available. We allow fields, and a constructor that sets up the filter, and thats it (for now).

Can you please include the subscribe code and any console/output logs from what you have tried? The example in the documentation are from working code and they work as is (try them against the console/output service for example)

thanx

g

Monday, April 28, 2008 9:29 PM