Embed Interop Types - Set Default to False RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Just wondering ... is there a way I can set the default behaviour for Embed Interop Types to False in VS2010? Couldn't see anything obvious in the options.

Thx

Simon

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 5:59 AM

Answers

• Hello Simon,

When we reference a COM interop assembly, the default value is true. There is no way to change the default value setting. If we want to use the PIA instead of the Embed Interop Type, we have to change Embed Interop Type option to true manually. This is a little inconvenience in VB, I know, because we have to do this from Project Settings tab. However, I think that is the way to go.

Best regards,
    Ji Zhou - MSFT
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:26 AM

All replies

• Hello Simon,

When we reference a COM interop assembly, the default value is true. There is no way to change the default value setting. If we want to use the PIA instead of the Embed Interop Type, we have to change Embed Interop Type option to true manually. This is a little inconvenience in VB, I know, because we have to do this from Project Settings tab. However, I think that is the way to go.

Best regards,
    Ji Zhou - MSFT
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:26 AM
  • okay. Thx vm
    Friday, October 1, 2010 11:00 AM