none
Using Exchange & Outlook to copy messages doesn't update PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME for the copy? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Exchange server running with test users.  For all tests mentioned below, I performed verifications using MFCMapi.

If I open OWA for one of these users and copy a message from one folder to another, the PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME is adjusted for the copy, as expected.

However, if I do this action with Outlook (both 2003 and 2007), the PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME for the copy is identical to the original the majority of the time.  On two separate machines (one Outlook 2003, one Outlook 2007) this behavior is repeatable 100% of the time.  On a third machine (VM running Outlook 2007), the problem seems to happen most of the time, but not always (actually, I think it only updated 1 of several times, but it's possible there was a flag change or something that I didn't account for).  Is this a bug within Outlook and/or Exchange, or is this expected behavior?

Monday, April 4, 2011 2:25 PM

All replies

• I can reproduce this issue by using a profile that is in Cached Mode.  When it is not in Cached Mode, it does modify the PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME property.  I even tested Outlook 2016 with Exchange 2016 and it has the same behavior.
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 7:03 PM
  • Correct and with OST I have seen it be a delayed update, i.e. eventually the mod time updates

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Friday, June 23, 2017 4:54 PM