none
exclude from publishing RRS feed

• Question

• My "exclude from publishing" option is grayed out. I have reviewed the other posts and see that metadata needs to be enabled, however, this option is not visible in my site settings. I've been told that "exclude from publishing" is not available unless Frontpage extensions are installed. My agency is migrating away from frontpage extensions because MS is no longer supporting Frontpage. We've been instructed to use webDAV for publishing instead.

So my question is: Is the "exclude from publishing" feature available for publishing methods other than FP (e.g., webDAV, ftp)? And if yes, how do we enable this feature?

Friday, November 19, 2010 6:30 PM

All replies

• Publishing is usually (not always) from your PC to the server.
    You can exclude files from publishing on your PC if meta data is enabled - it does not matter if the method of publishing is FTP, Webdav, filesystem (disc based web to disc based web) or FP Extensions, as long as the website is disc based with meta data enabled.

If you generallly publish from a server based web (for example, live editing on the server) then the feature is only available if FrontPage extensions are installed and running on the server, and then exclusion is limited to individual files, not entire folders.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Friday, November 19, 2010 6:55 PM