In Maltese Language in Windows 7, calendar days are not displayed correctly

Question

• I've recently purchased a copy of Ms Windows 7 and set the default language to Maltese. I noticed that in Windows calendar, the days of the week, which in English are displayed as S M T W T F S, are displayed as I I I L I I I. The reason behind this is that the Maltese days are preceded with articles that normally start with the letter "i", except for Wednesday. The solution is simply to drop the article so that we see the letters H T T E H G S. Below, I provide some more detail on the difference between the days with and without the article.

Sunday  ----> Il-Hadd   ---->     Hadd
    Monday  ----> It-Tnejn ---->     Tnejn
    Tuesday  ----> It-Tlieta  ---->    Tlieta
    Wednesday  ----> L-Erba  ----->     Erba 
    Thursday  ----> Il-Hamis  ---->  Hamis
    Friday  ----> Il-Gimgha  ---->  Gimgha
    Saturday  ----> Is-Sibt ----> Sibt 

Is it possible to fix this? If yes, who should we contact?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:15 AM

Answers

• Sorry, ChristianJB,

But you had only mentioned Windows 7 in your post.

The languages will not be changed in Windows Developer Preview.
    However, I suggest you send your feedback to the the following link:

You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Hope this helps.

Marilyn
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:57 PM

All replies

• Hello ChristianJB,

The forum you posted is is for Windows Developer Preview questions only. Since your issue deals with Windows 7, it would be better to post in the Microsoft Answers Forum for Windows 7 issue.
    Click on the link below to post in the appropriate forum.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_programs

Sincerely,
    Marilyn
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:19 PM
  • Well, this problem is not limited to Windows 7. Is the problem tackled in Windows 8 or in the product this blog is about? Who should we contact regarding general language related issues?
    Christian Bonnici MSc BSc(Hons.)
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:39 PM
  • Sorry, ChristianJB,

But you had only mentioned Windows 7 in your post.

The languages will not be changed in Windows Developer Preview.
    However, I suggest you send your feedback to the the following link:

You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Hope this helps.

Marilyn
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:57 PM
  • Dear Marilyn,

Thanks for this information. I've passed your feedback on to my colleagues.

Chris

Christian Bonnici MSc BSc(Hons.)
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 11:48 AM