none
Office Store app validation process takes unpredictable amount of time RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have couple apps published to Office Store. The first app was approved the same day I sent it for approval, but my second app is in "pending approval" status for almost two week now. I found "Office Store validation time is now six weeks?" thread where Sean Daniel says they discovered some internal issue in validation process and already fixed it. I always monitoring the amount of apps coming to Office Store and there are not huge amount of them. So, why the validation process is taking so long? It seems like moderators may not see my app as pending approval... Might it be the case that there is another bug in validation process which blocks moderators from seeing all apps in pending approval status? Or can someone please clarify what is the waiting time for apps validation process today?

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think you issue is not related to the topic of this forum.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 12:35 PM
  • Hello Petr, this is absolutely an issue related to apps for Office and apps For SharePoint, thanks for asking.  Your case is certainly off the charts, usually the validation time is pretty fast, a week at most. There is certainly no specific date for this as it may greatly vary depending on the app that was submitted, as apps are usually test-drove during validation. If you can share with me your app name that will be awesome to follow up what's going on. thanks!
    Friday, November 15, 2013 6:27 PM
  • Hello Juan, thanks for your reply! My app is called "XLTools.net Columns Match for Excel". When I edit my app listing I can see its ID (in URL) which is 42949675076. When I first time submitted the app I immediately got "Changes recommended for app approval" email. When I checked the report there was following error:

"We’re sorry, but we encountered an error while processing your app and need your help to continue. Please submit your app for approval again, and we will continue the validation process. XLTools.ColumnsMatchManifest.xml"

I tried to upload my manifest file again and resubmitted my app the same day. A bit more then two weeks passed since that moment and yesterday I got another "Changes recommended for app approval" email with exact same problem in the report. So, the question is what do I have to do next? I do not want to go the same route once again and wait another two weeks, so I have not done anything with my app yet. Should I reupload manifest file once again and resubmit my app or am I doing something wrong?

• Edited by Peter Liapin Saturday, November 16, 2013 6:42 AM
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 6:37 AM