none
SSIS 2012 Package Deployment Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I want to deploy my ssis package in project deployment model of SSIS 2012.

I have a file connection manager which is dynamic, (as the file name changes everyday because of timestamp appended to file name.). So I have a variable called vFileConn which is a read write variable. at the package level. so during the run time this variable gets assigned to the file connection manager ,connection properties.

This works fine when i deploy my pacakge with pacakge deployment model.

but with project depolyment model my file connection manager also at the project connections I am unable to set the local variables to the connection properties.

And I cannot change my variable to project parameter , Parameters are read only .

So I have decided to keep connection manager to the pacakge level but continue with the project deployment.

But how will I configure by variable when i will deploy the pacakage as we have no configuration file with project deployment model.

Please let me know the suggestion.

Thanks 

Deepali...

Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I think the SSIS forums will be a better forums for you to ask this question, and you will get a good reply form there:

#SQL Server Integration Services Forums:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlintegrationservices .

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards.

Amy Peng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 22, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Actually I have found out the way keeping the changed parameters as variables internally to package.

as the connection string is going to be set internally and dynamicalyy by the package during the run time I dont have to set the value for the connection string during deploymen, as it will be taken care by the pacakge depnding on where it is deployed.

So the key here is to keep all the changing variables as variables and convert al the constant variables as parameters on the pacakge when migrating the pacakge from 2008 to 2012.

• Marked as answer by Deepali123 Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:54 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think the SSIS forums will be a better forums for you to ask this question, and you will get a good reply form there:

#SQL Server Integration Services Forums:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlintegrationservices .

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards.

Amy Peng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 22, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Actually I have found out the way keeping the changed parameters as variables internally to package.

as the connection string is going to be set internally and dynamicalyy by the package during the run time I dont have to set the value for the connection string during deploymen, as it will be taken care by the pacakge depnding on where it is deployed.

So the key here is to keep all the changing variables as variables and convert al the constant variables as parameters on the pacakge when migrating the pacakge from 2008 to 2012.

• Marked as answer by Deepali123 Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:54 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:54 AM