none
Embedding Excel Online Web App in a website RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

This maybe a stupid question, but is there a way to embed the full Excel Online Web App (with all of its editing features) inside my web app, without opening a new window, for the ease of display? (I tried using Iframe, but I could only display the file, which is stored on OneDrive, without being able to edit it).

If I have posted on a wrong forum, please redirect me to the correct one.

Thank you.

• Edited by Cherrug Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:27 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Mbayar,

I'm not sure that your details request. It seems a strange thing. However, according to my research, you may refer to this link. But if so, The Excel related permissions will be affected as well. 

Also, if possible, you could also refer to Embed your Excel workbook on your web page or blog from SharePoint or OneDrive for Business to achieve it. 

Finally, as I understand, you just only edit Excel in your website? 

Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:33 AM
  • Hello Simon,

Thanks for your reply. 

I am trying to program a web app on .NET Core 2.1 that will show some functionalities I coded and show Excel Online all in one window so that the people who are editing the file does not need to open a new window for Excel Online, i.e embedding it.

Some cells of the file being edited in the Excel Online will be prefilled and locked (which is a different topic).

But some other cells could be edited by the user, by their own custom functions and design preference (hence I wanted the full Excel Online Web App and its interface).

I am not sure if this violates any copyright issues, showing Excel Online on my own website. If so, please let me know.

I tried using <iframe> to embed Excel Online's link on edit, but it gives me: X-frame-options set to 'same-origin'.

I did look at your link, but using that, I can only share files in a way that users can only interact with it using cells, not through the interface that Excel Online has. If I want other people to edit the document, it seems to be available only in new window, not embedded.

So is there any other way, I can program that way?

Thank you

Sunday, September 23, 2018 4:45 AM