none
Oracle WCF adapter calling stored procedure owned by a different user RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using the Oracle WCF adapter to call a stored procedure in an Oracle db. The stored procedure is owned by a different user id than the user I am connecting to the database. When I run the orchestration, I receive the error message below.

Couple of notes:

I have tried generating the schemas with and without the "UseSchemaInNamespace" binding elements.

I have tried to modify the Action to include and exclude the schema name depending on the UseSchemaInNamespace binding option.

The user I am connecting to the db with has EXECUTE privileges and I can run the SP from a .NET command line app that uses ODP.NET.

I noticed in Biztalk 2006, there was a similar issue based on the following TechNet article. By now, I would have assumed this would have been fixed as part of the offical WCF adapters release.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950101

Error Message in Event Log:

A message sent to adapter "WCF-Custom" on send port "UpdateOracle" with URI "removedonpurpose" is suspended.

Error details: Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.TargetSystemException: ORA-06550: line 2, column 2:

PLS-00201: identifier 'SCHEMAOWNERUSERNAME' must be declared

ORA-06550: line 2, column 2:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored ---> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: ORA-06550: line 2, column 2:

PLS-00201: identifier 'SCHEMAOWNERUSERNAME' must be declared

ORA-06550: line 2, column 2:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure, Boolean bCheck)

at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleError(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, String procedure, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, Boolean bCheck)

at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleCommon.OracleCommonUtils.ExecuteNonQuery(OracleCommand command, OracleCommonExecutionHelper executionHelper)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Monday, October 10, 2011 11:14 PM

All replies

• What is the value of the Action in the WCF Custom Transport properties, are you getting this error with the Schema name in it or without the schema name.
    Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:28 AM
  • Which version of Adapter Pack are you using?
    -- Please mark as answered if this answers your question.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:03 AM
  • Hello

Thanks for the suggestion. I am getting the error if I place the schema name in the action and if the schema name is not in the action.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:38 PM
  • Hello Manas,

I am using the WCF adapter pack that comes with Visual Studio 2010 installation media. I have not installed the CU2 update that was released in Sept 2011.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:45 PM