none
Cannot rename buttons??

Question

• I'm simply trying to name my buttons (BtnEdit to be exact) Doing it the same way I always do and typing BtnEdit into the properties/Name section. but this "Properties Window" pops up saying "Property value is not valid. An error was encountered during code generation.  The changes you have made in the designer have not been committed to the source code.  It is recommended that you close and re-open the source file.  The error message follows: Value does not fall within the expected range." What does this mean????
    Monday, May 1, 2017 12:52 AM

All replies

• I'm simply trying to name my buttons (BtnEdit to be exact) Doing it the same way I always do and typing BtnEdit into the properties/Name section. but this "Properties Window" pops up saying "Property value is not valid. An error was encountered during code generation.  The changes you have made in the designer have not been committed to the source code.  It is recommended that you close and re-open the source file.  The error message follows: Value does not fall within the expected range." What does this mean????

It probably means that VS has "gone stupid again".

Try closing Visual Studio, re-open it and do it again. If it's a valid name that's not a duplicate, it should work.

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering

Monday, May 1, 2017 12:55 AM
  • This happens normally when the program is running in Visual Studio while you are not aware of it. 

Success
    Cor

Monday, May 1, 2017 1:28 AM
  • Hi Nicolette535,

I think there was some space in your Button properties/Name section, please check it and try it again.

Hope it is helpful to you.

Best regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:42 AM
  • Hi Nicolette535,

Have you solved your issue now? please let me know.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 12, 2017 6:04 AM