integrating the DAAB into my project RRS feed

• Question

• User723573032 posted

Hi all,

I am begining to write an online store for my company, and need some advice.  I am looking at using the provide design pattern to implement my DAL.  What i want to do, is not have to worry about my DAL code and use the Enterprise library fDAAB or my base DAL implementation of my data access code, becuase i know it contains all the funtionality i need.  The problem is, i dont know if this is going to be overkill as i am going to have this structure for instance for my store component:

• EL DAAB
      • StoreBase (Contains the abstract implementations of my methods)
        • SQL Server Implementation
        • Oracle Implementation
        • OleDB
        • etc

I am still learning the OO way, and sometimes it gets the better of me as i sometimes think to complex when it doesnt need to be, but does this sound ok to implement.

Input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:07 AM

All replies

• User717450801 posted

You would to use BusinessLayer.Components.

http://guydotnetxmlwebservices.blogspot.com/2005/01/businesslayercomponents-released-too.html

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:40 AM
  • User782866284 posted
    Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>I am using DAAB (EntLib 3.1, May 2007) to connect to oracle database. I am having hard time figuring out what this error means and what can I do.<o:p></o:p>I have tried everything I could.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>I need some help from you guys out here to resolve this issue. <o:p></o:p>Thanks in advance for your help!<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>Manish<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>I am getting following error as soons as I call ExecuteDataset method – <o:p></o:p>"ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:\nPLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'GETPARTY'\nORA-06550: line 1, column 7:\nPL/SQL: Statement ignored\n"<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>Here is code I am using -<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>using System;<o:p></o:p>using System.Collections;<o:p></o:p>using System.Collections.Generic;<o:p></o:p>using System.Linq;<o:p></o:p>using System.Text;<o:p></o:p>using System.Data;<o:p></o:p>using System.Data.Common;<o:p></o:p>//using System.Data.SqlClient;<o:p></o:p>using Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common;<o:p></o:p>using Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data;<o:p></o:p>using Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Sql;<o:p></o:p>using Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Oracle;<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p> </o:p>OracleDatabase db = DatabaseFactory.CreateDatabase("ELVIS") as OracleDatabase;<o:p></o:p>DbConnection  conn = db.CreateConnection();<o:p></o:p>DbCommand dbCommand = db.GetStoredProcCommand(“pkg.getParty”);            <o:p></o:p>db.AddInParameter(dbCommand, "pPartyID", DbType.Int32, 9600);<o:p></o:p>dbCommand.Connection = conn;<o:p></o:p>DataSet ds = new DataSet();<o:p></o:p>ds = db.ExecuteDataSet(dbCommand);<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>

Monday, May 5, 2008 12:10 PM