none
Team Explorer Merge with VS repository RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask this question, but I made a stupid mistake when I tried to push my code changes to the VS repostitory (now renamed to Azure Dev Ops) and was shown a number of conflicts with the master branch. I mistakenly accepted the version that was on the repository instead of the version that was on my development machine which resulted in my downloading older code meaning I have lost the changes I made on my dev machine.

Could someone explain how I can roll this back please.

Basically I want my local repository to revert back to the point where I am presented again with the conflicts so I can choose my local version of the code to upload.

I'm using VS 2019

thanks

• Edited by Kiboko2 Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:25 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:18 AM

Answers

• If that version of code did not check in I do not see anyway to roll back to it.  
    • Marked as answer by Kiboko2 Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:16 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:45 AM

All replies

• If that version of code did not check in I do not see anyway to roll back to it.  
    • Marked as answer by Kiboko2 Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:16 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:45 AM
  • Hi Kiboko2,

We are happy to hear that your issue has been solved. If you have any other issues about this in this respect, please feel free to let us know. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:04 AM