Blend, Blend 2 questions RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello Everyone,

I noticed you can download both Blend and Blend 2, this would not seem weird except for the fact that Blend appears to have been released a week after Blend 2.  Also in Blend 2 when I open a new project I only get 2 choices for the type of project which are standard application and control library.  Some of the  tutorials on the silverlight page show when you open Blend you get the choices of WPF application, WPF control library, Silverlight script application, and Silverlight client application.  Apparently I am completely missing something somewhere, but not even sure what it might be or where to look.  If someone can shed light on this I would be most appreciative.  Thanks in advance.

Robert

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:12 PM

Answers

• Blend 2 gives me all four choices when I go to start a new project.

Do you have Silverlight installed? I never tried Blend 2 without Silverlight installed, but without the agclr present you may not be able to create Silverlight projects.

I'll let MSFT address the version differences, but I believe you're looking at the result of some significant overlap in development where they are working to get 1.0 out and released while also working on the next version.

Pete

Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:03 PM

All replies

• Blend 2 gives me all four choices when I go to start a new project.

Do you have Silverlight installed? I never tried Blend 2 without Silverlight installed, but without the agclr present you may not be able to create Silverlight projects.

I'll let MSFT address the version differences, but I believe you're looking at the result of some significant overlap in development where they are working to get 1.0 out and released while also working on the next version.

Pete

Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:03 PM
  • Yes. you are right.  I finally figured out that it's basically just 2 different versions of blend.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:55 PM
  • I have the same problem here.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall several times Blend and the 1.0 SDK but there is still a problem. Apparently from VS2K5 I just have the Windows Silverlight template installed and nothing in the websites templates.

How do I know if the Blend or Blend 2 version is installed ? And what is "agclr" ?

Thank you for your help...

Sunday, February 17, 2008 12:42 PM
  • This is the answer to my question in case it can help someone :

There are two versions of Blend at this time : Blend and Blend 2 (not released yet).

Only Blend 2 implements Silverlight web applications and VS2K8 integration. If you want to program using .NET code behind then you also need SL 1.1 (Alpha released at this time).

Hope this helps...

Monday, February 18, 2008 12:11 PM
  •  Hello All,

I'm totally new to Silverlight 2, and started installing the necessary tools for developing Silverlight applications. Unfortunatelly, (as a student of a technical university) I only have access to Blend 1 (1.0.1083.0 exactly), but not to Blend 2. (The Maniac-server of my university has Blend 1).

Is it possible to graphically create Silverlight 2 apps with my version?  Or if not at least edit code in XAML-mode? Confused

Thanks in advance,

Zebra

Saturday, November 29, 2008 9:02 AM
  • Actually, I figured out that I can user Blend 1 to create Silverlight .xamls just buy designing some stuff and copy the <grid> ....stuff.... </grid> into my Visual Studio .xaml file.

I hope this help some newbies, like me.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:48 PM