none
How to read test case from excel sheet for a keyword driven approach and execute the test in c#. RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone please help me on how to read the testcase from an excel sheet and load the test data in the respective GUI/controls from any web page for testing in c#. Actually I don't have any idea of how to do this. Can any one provide me with some guidelines ?
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:27 AM

Answers

• Hi prist-sha,

If you are going to read the content of Excel files for a web page, most probably your code will be run on the server with ASP.net installed. If so, you need to use Open XML SDK. You can download it here.

Microsoft doesn't recommend to automate Office applications on the server. The Considerations for server-side Automation of Office article states the following:

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:37 AM
    Friday, January 10, 2014 4:14 PM