none
When will the driver support multiple Kinect 2's per computer? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there!

I'm probably not the first person to ask this, but I couldn't find any related threads that address this question head-on. Is the driver ever going to support multiple Kinect 2's per machine, and if so, when?

Thanks,

Mike

Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:12 PM

Answers

• The SDK team is aware and might implement it in the future. But there are bandwidth and app compatibility issues that need to be worked out. They also don't really give timetables for features (which is understandably as the official "first" SDK hasn't even been released yet).

Some people have gotten it to work by running Kinects on separate machines but there are sync issues. The best bet is to work with the SDK as it is now and hope for something better in the future.

Saturday, September 20, 2014 10:19 PM

All replies

• The SDK team is aware and might implement it in the future. But there are bandwidth and app compatibility issues that need to be worked out. They also don't really give timetables for features (which is understandably as the official "first" SDK hasn't even been released yet).

Some people have gotten it to work by running Kinects on separate machines but there are sync issues. The best bet is to work with the SDK as it is now and hope for something better in the future.

Saturday, September 20, 2014 10:19 PM
  • Thanks for the prompt reply. I have actually already tried using Kinect 2's on seperate computers and streaming their output via network, and it works fairly well (zero perceivable latency) with the compression algorithms I wrote, but I would like to use several kinect 2's in my application and I'd prefer to avoid purchasing several computers solely for this endeavor.

I understand that the HD color image eats up a sizable amount of bandwidth, but perhaps the driver could allow multiple kinects per machine for the depth streams only.

• Edited by MikeS27 Sunday, September 21, 2014 1:42 AM
    Sunday, September 21, 2014 1:41 AM
  • Hi!

I'm also  starting to running multi kinect2's in one computer. Have you realize it? I'm very greatful to your answer.

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:37 AM
  • I really hope to give us access to turn off streams from the sensor.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 12:31 AM