Basic Questions RRS feed

• Question

• User-194783778 posted
    Hi, My project manager would like to know how long it would take come up with an application that is accessible to handheld devices and PDA. I have a few years experience with ASP.Net using VB.NET and C#, and they are browser based applications. What I would like to know, coming from a browser mind-frame, is it any different? I know there are separate tags names and namespaces but beyond that, is it the same? Also, is there a learning curb to learning this? Looking forward to suggestions Thank You
    Thursday, October 7, 2004 10:57 AM

All replies

• User2098947605 posted
    "application" means many different things to many different people. How many pages - 1 or 25? I would recommend finding a good book, Moving to ASP.NET by Harris and Macdonald has a good chapter on mobile web apps, working thourhg a tutorial and you will be in a much better position to come up with an estimate. I was able to recreate the tuturial, a simple app with 5 forms in two days. Maybe a good estimate is your estimate for a standard asp.net web app x 2 for the learning curve, issues ect. Good luck
    Thursday, October 14, 2004 8:35 PM
  • User-194783778 posted
    Thank You for the reference book and your valuable inputs.
    Friday, October 15, 2004 4:22 PM