When we lock the version only Explorer on MDS frontend gets locked but EXcel addin still allows to update this. Is this a BUG?? RRS feed

• Question

• HI ,

I am using SQL 2012 MDS 2012 . I am trying to use versioning concept to flag committed data . We will be loading bulk data every week once and so can't use the MDS frontend to load this data and therefore using Excel add in to load this huge data every week.

I was trying to do versioning and noticed when we lock the version only Explorer on MDS frontend gets locked but EXcel addin still allows to update the data.. IS there any solution for this or is this a bug ??

Appreciate any help on this as we can 't use MDS explorer to load bulk data, as it allow row by row entry.

Regards

Veedha.

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Veedha,

The committed data should not be updated either using explorer or excel. If you load committed data in excel and make some changes, there will be error raised as this: "The version is read-only. You do not have permission to update the version." when trying to publish these changes. Please double check if the version was committed or the data is with the committed version in excel?

thanks,
    Jerry

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:50 AM