WIndows phone 8.1 MDM Server setup RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to windows mdm and still learning it so my question can be little naive so please bear with it :)

I have gone through document for Windows phone 8.1 MDM enrollment (MS-MDE). Steps mentioned there are clear to me but now I am stuck with enrollment and dm server setup. Need few inputs for setting up enrollment server. 
    I understand that phone will be calling the webservice and those WS urls must be present at server for successful hit. Here comes the confusing part after discovery service client will request for getpolicy what should server need to do in this case ? which url the client will call to ? after this step client will request security token through STS again same what server need to do and listens for which url ? do server need to pass this request and create certificate at this step ? how the provisiong xml will be generated and at what step it will besent to mobile  ? 

Steps mentioned in the docs MS-MDE , MS-XCEP and MS-WSTEP has not specified any details regarding the implementation

I am stuck at implementation and setup steps. Do I need to use enrollment server as mentioned here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn408185.aspx or I need to do it from scratch etc . Overall enrollment flow and order in which client will request server. but not able to see throgh as implementation perspective. I am still new to this kind of setup can anyone help me out. 

• Edited by colhdc Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:28 PM
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 11:16 AM

All replies

• If you are implementing Windows 8.1 MDM , please post this in Windows forums . This forum is for Windows Phone.
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:01 PM
  • I am developing mdm solution for windows phone 8.1. I missed to mention that in my question
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:28 PM