none
Embedded Signature Verification Test fails in Windows Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem when running 'Embedded Signature Verification Test' on Windows Server 2012, everytime I scheduled this test to run, all test will disabled and my machine pool status was changed to 'Not Ready'. So that makes this test to fail, then I try to check the results, this will not generate any log instead I could only see 'Test in progress' status even if this test is failing already. And I notice also that this test was not running. What seems to be wrong? But this test pass on Windows 8.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think there was reported issues with HCK and Windows Server 2012, have you tried to run test from a Windows Server 2008 machine ?

Regards.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

Can you give me the link? I haven't tried this yet with Windows Server 2008.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:38 AM
  • Hi,

The link to what ? I just saw on msdn forums that several people running on Server 2012 had issues with it.

Have you tried to right click on the failed test then click on 'error', it often gives you details about the error and it's very useful when you don't have any logs.

Regards.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:42 AM
  • I am also facing the same issue. HCK 2.0 server is hosted on Windows 2008 R2 x64 with test clients running on Windows 8 x86 and Windows 2012 x64. "Embedded Signature Verification Test" has passed in Windows 8 but failed in Windows 2012 x64, without logs. Reruns of this test also fail the same way. Also, under results tab all context menu options of this test suite (like Error) are grayed out. The test PC goes into "Not Ready" mode and I've to reset it back to "Ready" each time for each further test suites. Please help.

Regards,

Chandra

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:30 AM
  • Chandra, can you mail the hckx file to devfundext@microsoft.com? I'd like to take a look.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:23 AM
  • I've mailed the .hckx file. Please review.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:24 AM
  • Still awaiting response from M$ support.
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:04 AM
  • The logs you emailed to devfundext@Microsoft.com clearly show that the test never ran. "[Test in progress] (Machine: Waiting to be assigned)" is what I saw in the package file.

This is something you'll need to address. Try re-scheduling the test.

Thanks

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 16, 2013 10:02 PM
  • When executing the 'Embedded Signature Verification Test' test the test machine goes to the 'Not Ready' state.

What happens if a different test is executed?  Does the test machine go to the 'Not Ready' state?

If the new test *does not* put the machine into the 'Not Ready' state.

1. Run the 'Embedded Signature Verification Test' again.
    2. Open "HCK Manager"
    3. Open "Explorers" -> "Job Monitor"
    4. Select the machine pool containing your systems.
    5. Select the test system.
    6. Look at the "Job Execution Status" pane.
    7. Sort it by "Last Updated Time" column so that most recent date/time is at the top.
    8. List the top four jobs and their result (pass/fail/not run) here.

If it *does* put the machine into the 'Not Ready' state.

1. Open "HCK Manager"
    2. Open "Explorers" -> "Job Monitor"
    3. Select the machine pool containing your systems.
    4. Select the test system.
    5. Right click on the system, and select the "errors" option.
    6. List the error seen here.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, September 20, 2013 9:38 PM