debug build with vc++ runtime wont work on machine without visual studio?

Question

• I am attempting to debug a metro app in C# for the first time on a remote machine and having issues. I have an app with a native dependency (sqlite3.dll) and I have added a reference to the C++ Runtime Package. Now everything is working correctly locally and in the simulator, but when I try to deploy a debug release to a tablet that doesnt have visual studio installed I get an exception loading sqlite3.dll:

Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

If i create a release package and install it manually on the tablet using powershell everything works fine. Whats the best way to get to the root of this problem?

Thanks

Friday, July 13, 2012 3:57 AM

All replies

• Since the error is that SQLite couldn't be found the first thing I would do is to make sure that it is installed in your appx package.

--Rob

Friday, July 13, 2012 4:29 AM
    Owner
  • Its there and it works in release mode, I also see the file on the file system as part of the installation files.
    Friday, July 13, 2012 4:31 AM
  • Hi,

any news for this topic?

I have the same issue, but I am using the C++ runtime package in my app because it is needed by the bing map control.

Bye,

Sebastian

• Edited by we_develop Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:13 PM
    Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:13 PM