Best Animation Performance? RRS feed

• Question

• For a project I am working on I have several pre-rendered PNG sequences for different animated elements. Currently I am using setInterval to callback on functions to flip through the images to simulate animation. Is there a higher performance way of doing this in JavaScript Silverlight?

Monday, December 3, 2007 11:49 AM

Answers

• Got it, so in your JS you add events/handlers like this:

sender.findname("intervalReplacementStoryboard").addEventListener("Completed", Silverlight.createDelegate(this, this.callbackmethod));

And you can then also use the removeEventListener to remove a handler, so this should allow you to implement what you're looking for.

=> Dave

Monday, December 3, 2007 2:47 PM

All replies

• I think there is a general concencus that creating a empty Storyboard with a set duration, then handling the "complete" event is more efficient that using SetInterval ... Is there no way you can just create a storyboards that shows/hides these in sequence?  Perhaps setting the Opacity?

=> Dave

Monday, December 3, 2007 12:24 PM
  • Is it possible to change the Completed parameter dynamically? I need to have a given "interval" call back on different methods.

Monday, December 3, 2007 1:32 PM
  • Not really sure what you are asking ... you can dynamically change the duration of the Storyboard and then retrieve it in the completed event if that helps? 

=> Dave

Monday, December 3, 2007 1:39 PM
  • I would like to dynamically set the callback method in a manner similar to setInterval( whateverMethod, 1000 )

Im not sure what the correct syntax would be but something like; 

sender.findName("intervalReplacementStoryboard")["Storyboard.Completed"] = "callbackMethod";

Monday, December 3, 2007 1:58 PM
  • Got it, so in your JS you add events/handlers like this:

sender.findname("intervalReplacementStoryboard").addEventListener("Completed", Silverlight.createDelegate(this, this.callbackmethod));

And you can then also use the removeEventListener to remove a handler, so this should allow you to implement what you're looking for.

=> Dave

Monday, December 3, 2007 2:47 PM