ExchangeService or ExchangeServiceBinding RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

Could someone expalin the difference between ExchangeService and ExchangeServiceBinding please.

Cheers,

Ben

Friday, May 28, 2010 5:58 PM

All replies

• dear Ben

when you add webrefrence to your project to exchangeserver.asmx you use exchangeservicebinding  and it is hard to work with this and it is recommanded to use sdk managed sdk

in this mode you add reference to exchange dll in sdk and there is no web reference in your project. and you use AutodiscoverUrl for getting information about exchange web service (EWS) and url. i think this method in easier and recommanded in helps.

whan you use the servicebinding you work with serviceProxy but when you use managed SDK you just work with DLL.and inside this dll every thing managed.

Monday, May 31, 2010 1:08 PM
  • I appreciate your explanation... one questions though..

But for the difficulty in working with exchangeservicebinding, is there any know problem or scalability of the application. I am try to get the  AutodiscoverUrl working but that did not happen. I get an error message " The Autodiscover service could not be located". Any help or reference will be appreciated.

Cheers

esh

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:00 PM
  • Auto-generated proxies work fine, but if your problem is that AutodiscoverUrl fails they won't help you since they do not support Autodiscover at all (that's one of the biggest advantages of the EWS Managed API).

Before your call to AutodiscoverUrl, turn on tracing by setting yourExchangeService.TraceEnabled = true and send the generated trace this way. It should help diagnose why AutodiscoverUrl is failing, which 99% of the time is because Autodiscover is not configured properly.

David Claux | Program Manager - Exchange Web Services
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:52 PM