[UWP][WP8.1]How to update a game to the store. Game is targeted for Universal 10 and Phone 8.1? RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to submit a new version of my game to the store I get errors saying my version numbers are bad.

I have 2 versions already in the store.  A Universal 10 version and a Windows Phone 8.1 version

I have created 2 new updated versions of my game:

One for Universal 10 targeted as x86 and x64

One for windows Phone 8.1 targeted as ARM

Do I have to upload these in a particular order?  (ie the Uni 10 version first and then the Phone 8.1, OR the Phone 8.1 first and then the Uni10) or does it not matter??

Thank you

Monday, January 9, 2017 11:09 PM

All replies

• Hello T9876,

The Package version numbering has explained it. “If you do provide multiple Windows 10 packages that use the same version number, the architecture (in the order x64, x86, ARM, neutral) will be used to decide which one is of higher rank when considering which package to provide to the given device. When ranking app bundles that use the same version number, the highest architecture rank within the bundle is considered: an app bundle that contains an x64 package will have a higher rank than one that only contains an x86 package.

For .appx packages that target Windows Phone 8.1, the version number of the package in a new submission must always be greater than that of the package included in the last submission (or any previous submission).

In addition, Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools  

I have helped you add tag to title this time, please remember to add tag yourself next time.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:50 AM
  • Thank you for adding the tags.

I have submitted 2 updates to my game targeting UWP and Phone 8.1.

I am getting the following error for the Phone 8.1 submission

"Appx packages (including previously published and currently uploaded) must be uniquely identified by their full names. You have provided two packages with the full name PFN=FExxxx.xxxxl_7mbdn83yyyyy,ResourceId=,Version=1.2.0.0,Architecture=Arm which have different contents. Please remove one of these packages, or increment current package versions to continue."

"Appx packages (including previously published and currently uploaded) must be uniquely identified by their full names. You have provided two packages with the full name PFN=FExxxx.xxxx_7mbdn83yyyyy,ResourceId=split.scale-100,Version=1.2.0.0,Architecture=Neutral which have different contents. Please remove one of these packages, or increment current package versions to continue."

If I understand this correctly, it is saying that my Architecture=ARM package is conflicting with the Architecture=Neutral.  Even though there is only 1 package.  Or am I not understanding this error properly??

How can I fix this error?

Friday, January 13, 2017 12:28 AM
  • anyone?
    Monday, January 16, 2017 7:40 PM
  • I encounter the same problem. Did you solve yours by any chance?
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 7:20 PM