none
BizTalk 2010 & FileZilla FTPS issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to set-up FTPS using FileZilla and BizTalk 2010 however when I try to send files from BizTalk to the FTPS I get the following error.

Details:"Unable to connect to FTP server "[MY FTPS IP ADDRESS]" as user "biztalk". Inner Exception details: "No credentials are available in the security package ".

I can connect using FTPES using FileZilla client on my local pc.

I am using a .crt certificate generated using FileZille under the  FileZilla SSL/TLS settings screen, however to successfully add this cert to my BizTalk server cert stores I had to open the certificate in notepad and remove the top 'BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY' segment of the cert above the 'BEGIN CERTIFICATE' segment.

I've added the certificates hash to the BizTalk send adaptor so it all looks correct.

All I can think could be wrong is that

1) BizTalk isn't using the custom ports I've set up for the FTPS,

2) by me removing the 'BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY' segment of the cert to add it to the cert stores on BizTalk it means its no longer a valid certificate,

3) BizTalk doesn't support FTPES so the connection is getting refused

Has anyone had this issue in the past?  Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

GilesB

Friday, March 9, 2012 3:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• I am very interested in how this goes, I was working on a project where we were going to use the N Software adapter with BizTalk 2009 to connect over FTPS to a FileZilla site.

I see in FileZilla forums this is a self-signed cert and your technique for importing the file should work.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Friday, March 9, 2012 3:47 PM
  • You are right, FTP adapter can not set up the port for FTP. Looks like the only way to do such thing is in .NET code. Then call this code from Orchestration. Kind of emulate the Port functionality.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalkien: Advanced Questions: have fun - test your knowledge

Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:18 AM