none
ADF V2 - Pipeline Parameters Suddenly Changed to Invalid (but they still work)

Question

• Pipeline parameters showing as "Invalid" but they still work.  This just happened yesterday or today. Before that, there was not error.

ml

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 4:11 PM

Answers

• @ml: We fixed the issue with lookup activity. Please refresh the page and verify if you are still seeing this issue.

@mschandler: Can you tell us more about the pipeline and activities inside the pipeline and the expression that throws the error? We will address it ASAP.

Thanks,

Paras

• Marked as answer by zl34 Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:04 PM
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 12:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. We are looking into it.

Thanks,

Paras

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:49 PM
  • I am also having the same problem!

I have been spending hours thinking it was something on my end but I am the only one with access and it still runs successfully.  Please update asap!!

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:05 PM
  • More specifically, my error is below and is the SAME error for every single step!

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:09 PM
  • So I think it's probably related to this, are you using East US or East US2 ( even though East 2 shows ok, it was a WARNING status a few minutes ago) :  

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:20 PM
  • Yes, we are using East US

ml

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 9:25 PM
  • @ml: We fixed the issue with lookup activity. Please refresh the page and verify if you are still seeing this issue.

@mschandler: Can you tell us more about the pipeline and activities inside the pipeline and the expression that throws the error? We will address it ASAP.

Thanks,

Paras

• Marked as answer by zl34 Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:04 PM
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 12:53 AM
  • The pipeline parameters are back to normal (no Invalid message) but some expressions still show "Invalid".  An example of an expression is:

@concat('exec dbo.StoredProcedureName',item().Id,',''',pipeline().parameters.Id,'''',',',1,',',2)

• Edited by zl34 Thursday, August 2, 2018 5:06 PM
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:01 PM
  • The expression that you mentioned appears to be wrong. Concat only accepts string as arguments. Also use backslash (\) to escape quotes.

Thanks,

Paras

Friday, August 3, 2018 4:56 PM
  • Both Id's are strings and the statement executes successfully. So that is not it.

• Edited by zl34 Friday, August 3, 2018 6:12 PM
    Friday, August 3, 2018 5:52 PM