make voice call between 2 Device via VOIP without internet RRS feed

• Question

• User399457 posted

I need make voice call between 2 mobile via local WIFI without Internet. I build server on PC via C#. the server will provide all mobile clients with the mobile IPs on network. the user will use mobile Application to connect with serve and fetch the IPs then select one IP to make voice call .

I need help or tutorial to build the APP allow make voice call between 2 device by Xamarin. If I can not use Xamarin , guide me on android studio

Saturday, February 13, 2021 1:42 PM

All replies

• User379860 posted

home server - the harder way, depends on your technical specification. What functionality do you need from the server? For example Asterisk has audio-mixer for conference call, while it lacks user-presence (you need to integrate with Openfire). Kamailio/Openser support presence through SIMPLE, but they lack audio-mixer support (you need to integrate with Asterisk or SEMS). You can also consider "all-in" appliance like Sipwise, but it requires extensive knowledge if you want to configure something aside from the default configuration.

The good part is, most of the servers require very little effort to get the sip audio calls running, so if you only need that, better is to setup your own server.

The pros of this approach - you have total control over the service, you can view backend logs, you can test use-cases, which you can't with public service. The cons - it requires significant resource to setup, configure and support. This is subjective and depends on the functionality you need from the server.

Xamarin forums are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the Xamarin forums’ new home on Microsoft Q&A! For more information, please refer to this sticky post.

Monday, February 15, 2021 7:42 AM
  • User399457 posted

@LeonLu thank you for your post I need only make voice call between 2 device (per to per)without video . only sound . the server will provide clients with all IPs mobile on the network .

I have build the server , I need only help to make voice call ( sound) between 2 device via IP

Monday, February 22, 2021 2:56 AM
  • User379860 posted

You can convert your voice to stream, then send it by WifiP2P, here is a similar demo.

https://github.com/Brighthui/WifiP2P

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 9:07 AM