none
Test exchange server database for development RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, we are looking for an exchange database populated with dummy users. Is there such a thing? We could import our production database, but we are looking for something with more than a hundred users. We are creating an application where we would like to import hundreds of users and their contacts. We could probably manufacture a database, but we are curious if there is a database to used strictly for debug and testing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:20 PM

All replies

• You really need to create your own since you will need to have those users within a Live AD and DB.   That said to be clear where are you trying to export data from and to?

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:26 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

We are creating an application that uses EWS to query contacts from the exchange server. We want to import contacts and write them to a private database. Just curious if there is anything out there we can use for debug, rather than creating our own.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:32 PM
  • I dont know of anything, we had to create our own and really that's your best bet as well since as I say even if someone gives you a DB its not possible to just copy the DB to a live exchange server and have it populate AD and make the EDB accessible.   I suppose you could use a tool like ours to open the database and export the mailbox names to text so you could use with an account creation script but again its probably easier to just create various usernames on your own

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:37 PM
  • Yep, I thought the creating your own database would be the only solution. Just was checking to see if there was any other options. Thanks!

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:46 PM