none
Kinect driver issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

After following all the instructions on setting up the kinect SDK I got to the step about checking the drivers. However, my computer did not show all the drivers that are supposed to be listed. I get the NUIinitialize fail and the plug in your connect errors when I try and run the included test programs.

Any thoughts?

This is all it showed:

Monday, June 20, 2011 4:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• the Kinect Device isn's showing. Are you plugged into external power?

Monday, June 20, 2011 6:56 PM
  • Yes I am plugged into external power. Yeah, the Kinect device isn't showing and also it is not showing up under the Sound, Video and Game controllers menu.

-Mike

Monday, June 20, 2011 7:26 PM
  • were there any error messages when you plugged in the Kinect? Have you unplugged and replugged? I just had an issue on a test machine where I was getting the NUIinitialize fail, I had to use the USB ports on the back of the machine. Have you tried a different port?

Monday, June 20, 2011 7:29 PM
  • No error messages when I plug it in. The green light blinks just as it should on the Kinect. I am actually trying to run it off a laptop and it only has 2 usb ports (but its a new Core i3 laptop). I have tried both ports.

Perhaps the graphics card of this laptop is unsupported.

Monday, June 20, 2011 8:45 PM
  • doe the Directx SDK samples work on your machine?
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:40 PM
  • doe the Directx SDK samples work on your machine?

Yes - I tried a couple of the directx SDK samples and they work just fine. Apparently the Kinect drivers just don't want to load.

-Mike

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:12 PM
  • We have seen that sometimes a specific USB has problems with the USB. Try using a different USB port and see if that fixes the problem.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:23 PM
  • Mike,

Was this issue fixed for you after Whicker493's suggestion or any of the other suggestions in thread?

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:56 AM