How to use JSON standard with PPC, smartphone RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings!

I want to use JSON in windows mobile, smartphone. I tried existing C# library I found from code project with smart device class library project, but it does not compile (because of serialization etc).

So, I want to know that, is it possible? Is there any existing JSON implementation for wm5/smartphone?

Thanks for your reading time....

Taha

Friday, June 19, 2009 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Taha,

I dont have much idea about the JSON, however you can find the useful info. about the same on

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/183473/is-there-a-library-to-read-json-in-c-on-windows-mobile

http://json.org/

Thanks Mohsin S.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 11:24 AM
  • Thanks you Paul and Mohsin for your replies... i'll check this thoroughly. Maybe, its just the thing i'm looking for... <smile>

I'll get back to you after checking it out (after weekend...)..

Taha

Friday, June 19, 2009 1:19 PM
  • Hello again after 2 day weekend!

I've seen these links... one reply links back to json.org, the other reply was a suggestion by some one....

I havn't tried every library there is on WM5 (but one)... Maybe someone has written something different...

Or, alternatively, i could go to C/C++ implemenation - which should work on WM5 without any problem....

However, if anyone had a working model's name for JSON - WM5 in C#, it'd have been bit easier to target.....

So, if there is anyone who can pin point exact name for this ...? I'd really appretiate it.....

Thanks again.......

Taha
    Monday, June 22, 2009 6:19 AM
  • Hi Taha,

I am not aware of JSON library for WM platform, we can implement it with c++, see the sample below:

JSON Spirit: A C++ JSON Parser/Generator Implemented with Boost Spirit
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/recipes/JSON_Spirit.aspx

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:27 AM
  • Hello Guang-Ming Bian,

I've seen almost every C++ parser for JSON (located at json.org), all must be good, but almost every one rely on boost (like the one in your post as well). Problem with WM platform is that I __have__ to keep it as light as possible. Which concludes that I will have to avoid Boost as well... I am currently looking at "CAJUN" JSON parser for C++.... as it does not depend on boost, I'm thinking of giving it a try...

Still, I see bit limitation there as well: C# parsers would (as in, should) have UniCode support; whereas CAJUN revolves around string type basic_string<char>... which does not give me wstring (atleast to my knowledge)... I dont want to 'tweak' CAJUN to my needs... rather, rely on some library that gives me good light weight parsing with uni-code support...

Which is the reason why I was (and still am) trying to find something for C#.....
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:13 AM
  • Json.NET supports the .NET 3.5 compact framework.
    Sunday, July 5, 2009 3:20 AM
  • I too have same requirement , I tried to use Json.NET , but it is not working at all. Can any one suggest ?

Saturday, October 30, 2010 5:39 AM