none
Excel 2013 UserForm Font Size Bug when Multiline is True? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    i am using a UserForm in an excel-file to add content to each cell in a specifiv column.

I initialize the Userform called AddToStatus with a right click, on a specific cell:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
    If ActiveCell.Column = 10 Then
    If ActiveCell.Row > 3 Then
    AddToStatus.Show
    End If
    End If
    End Sub

Afterwards i prefill the textboxes with some content, which had been created before (contains Chr(13) for line breaks). The fontsize of all textboxes is set to 11.

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Application.CommandBars("cell").Enabled = False
    TextBox1.Value = ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1
    TextBox2.Value = Date & ": "
    TextBox3.Value = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).FormulaR1C1 & " " & Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 2).FormulaR1C1 & " " & Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 3).FormulaR1C1 & " " & Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 4).FormulaR1C1 & " " & Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 5).FormulaR1C1
    End Sub

Until today that worked like a charm. Today i updated to Excel 2013. From now on the the Fontsize is randomly set to an incredibly tiny size (like 2 or 3 pixels in height), but then again... sometimes its correctly set to 11.
    When i set Multiline to false, the font size is always the right size.

Any hints, how i can handle this?

Thanks a lot and

Best wishes
    Benedikt

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Excel, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Excel

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:34 AM
  • Hi Benedikt,

>> Until today that worked like a charm. Today i updated to Excel 2013. From now on the the Fontsize is randomly set to an incredibly tiny size (like 2 or 3 pixels in height), but then again... sometimes its correctly set to 11.

I have made a test with Office 2013, and I failed to reproduce your issue. Could you share us a simple demo to reproduce your issue and a screen shot about the incredibly tiny size in your UserForm? It would be helpful if you could share us when and how could reproduce your issue.

I will recommend you recreate a new UserForm like the original one to check whether it is related with the specific userform.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:03 AM
  • Hello,

i'd like to send you an example file, i built, but have no possibility to upload it from work.

Can you send me an email (beneheller at outlook.de), so that i can attach the file?

Best Regards
    Benedikt

Monday, May 18, 2015 12:10 PM
  • i'd like to send you an example file, i built, but have no possibility to upload it from work.
    Please upload your file (maybe with anonymous data) on an online file hoster like www.dropbox.com and post the download link here.
    Monday, May 18, 2015 3:09 PM