Dynamically update heatmap options RRS feed

• Question

• The example at  "https://bingmapsv8samples.azurewebsites.net/#Heatmap_Features" doesn't display any map. I tried setting the map in many different configurations with no affect,  It doesn't appear that the heatmap layer is dynamically updating when you set the heatmapOptions object or adding locations. Is it possible to dynamically update a heatmap layer or do you have to dispose of the heatmap layer and recreate? Also is it possible to display multiple heatmaps?
    Saturday, August 8, 2020 7:07 AM

All replies

• seems there is an error here:

VM425:117 Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'item' on 'NodeList': 1 argument required, but only 0 present.
        at getSelectedValue (<anonymous>:117:52)
        at UpdateHeatMap (<anonymous>:63:20)
        at HTMLInputElement.onclick ((index):1)

I fixed that error and I set the initial points to 5000 and was able to see a heatmap. but updating the options has no affect, so is there an ability to update the heatmap dynamically?

VM425:117 Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'item' on 'NodeList': 1 argument required, but only 0 present. at getSelectedValue (<anonymous>:117:52) at UpdateHeatMap (<anonymous>:63:20) at HTMLInputElement.onclick ((index):1)
    VM425:117 Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'item' on 'NodeList': 1 argument required, but only 0 present. at getSelectedValue (<anonymous>:117:52) at UpdateHeatMap (<anonymous>:63:20) at HTMLInputElement.onclick ((index):1)
    Saturday, August 8, 2020 8:14 AM
  • I thought i had fixed the above error. I revisited the issue, fixed it and now heatmap updates correctly. It wasn't pulling the values from the selectors so hence no updating.
    Saturday, August 8, 2020 4:22 PM
  • Excellent! Thank you for following up.
    Wednesday, August 12, 2020 10:33 PM