none
Using URLs in outlook add-in written in Javascript RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an outlook add-in written in JS.

In that file, I have a few properties that reference other files like images and javascripts.

The problem is that it only works when I put hard-coded full absolute urls for these resources.

I want to be able to serve the schema file from a URL (from the service hosting the add-in backend), and I don't necessarily know the URL for that server in advance to put it hard coded in the schema (for example when deploying different test environments).

When trying to use relative URLs (assuming they should be relative to where we deployed the add-in from) I get the following error: "The app can't be installed. The HighResolutionIconUrl value isn't correctly formatted URL"

How can this be achieved ?

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 12:56 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I think it is impossible to use relative URLs in manifest. I suggest you submit a feedback on Office Developers UserVoice: https://officespdev.uservoice.com/

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:01 AM